There are various expensive things all over the world, owned and loved by the world’s elitist people. From rings to shoes, to bag to dresses, from jewelry to Triwa Watches there are all kinds of fashion items that exist globally, whose monetary values have made them famous. Certain designer dresses, owned by the rich ladies seem to have caught the eyes of all kinds of paparazzi and other people because of the designs, diamonds, pearls, and what not. Here is a list of top expensive dresses that have been known to catch the eye of everyone.
- Nightingale of Kuala Lumpur: Designed by Faiyzali Abdullah, this silk, satin, and chiffon made dress costs $30 million. The dress is made out of 751 crystals and Swarovski and 70 karat pear-shaped diamonds. It was displayed in the famous “STYLO Fashion Grand Prix KL” in the year 2009.
- Debbie Wingham “Abaya” dress: The $17.6 million dress is one of the most expensive dresses in the world. Designed with about 2000 diamonds, black and white, along with some rare red ones, and some 14 karat gold makes it a breathtaking attraction in the world of fashion.
- Diamond Dress By Scott Henshall: designed with 3000 diamonds, this lightweight and decorated web-like dress was worn by Samantha for the Spider-Man premiere in the year 2004. The dress is worth $9 million.
- Black Diamond Dress by Debbie Wingham: the whooping $5.5 million dress made out of about a thousand black diamonds all over the dress, weighed almost 30 pounds, makes it to number 4 in the world’s most expensive dresses.
- Maria Grachvogel precious dress: embedded with 2000 diamonds and a silk corset, this $1.8 million dress designed by Maria Grachvogel is one of the most talked about dresses in fashion shows.
- Marilyn Monroe’s “Happy Birthday” dress: designed by Jean-Louis Berthaulto, the $1.3 million dress made out of diamonds, was designed for Marilyn Monroe so that she could attend John F. Kennedy’s birthday.
- Gold Coin Dress by Ginza Tanaka: This is one of the most expensive dresses in the world because of the fact that it is made out of 15,000 gold coins. Made in Australia, the dress weighs about 10 kgs, was seen in a fashion show in Tokyo in the year 2007. The dress costs $267,900.
- Golden Evening Dress by Ginza Tanaka: Yet another Ginza Tanaka dress, this translucent dress made out of gold wires, weighs about 1kg and costs around $245,000.
- Swarovski “Dirndl Dress”: The unique medieval Germany-made dress made out of the corset, and covered with Swarovski crystals is worth $127,000.
Princess Diana Dress: The famous Princess Diana dress was worth for $125,000, was designed by Catherine Walker. The dress was made out of chiffon silk fabric, was worn by her just 2 times.